Welcome to McGoo Inc, a division of Big McGoo Enterprises. WARNING: You are entering a world of blogging which can be confusing, funny, thought provoking & just plain old Cacaphony. Welcome to the world of McGoo!

Thursday, November 17, 2005

California Mexicano!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



So my 3 week stay here in California is drawing to a close & I will be returning home this weekend. During my stay here my company doesn't give us the luxury of flying home on the weekends so we are basically stuck here for that time. Not that being here in California is a bad thing... Its always nice to get away from your everyday work routine. One thing I have noticed... Its NOT as warm as expected! A misconception that I had & that my suitcase will tell you I packed for. It seems that winter hits here also, they just don't have to deal with the snow part of it! Needless to say it has been chilly but its definitely warmer then back home.. I know, I checked!

I'm staying in a town called Milpitas, the self proclaimed "Gateway to Silicon Valley" which is about 5 minutes north of San Jose. It seems that this part of California is highly Hispanic & unlike the lack of warm clothes, there is NO shortage of Mexican restaurants around here. This suits me just fine as my friends will attest of my love for Taco Bell & any Mexican food. The reason I love this kind of food (or most food as you can tell...) is not only because of the tastes' but more so for the adverse affects that it has on ones body. I don't believe females share this same love... but I'm positive my co-workers do.

I don't know of any other food that can do what Mexican food does to me other than some form of laxatives... Now I'm only used to the effects of maybe one meal of Mexican (ie.. Taco Bell) at home & those effects usually entail a "Flaming Ring", some strong odor's & mild cramps for the next possible two days. When I bumped up my intake here to 5-8 times per week I could only ask for nothing less than disaster. I'm wondering to myself if ones body could EVER adapt to this force & I mean force..WOW!! With my recent increased intake I think the effects have not only multiplied but have increased in veracity causing almost catastrophic consequences... & ones that only male humor could possibly appreciate! Now my problem is I have to try & rid myself of these effects as I'm sure my new wife would not appreciate my "talents" like my fellow co-workers & friends do. And when I return home I could possibly find myself on the couch quite quickly.

I guess time will only tell if my body can return to its "normal" state which isn't really normal at all. And the mystery of the "Mex Effect" will continue on & maybe one day I will find the find the answer(Like the caramilk bar!)...

Most likely over a bean burrito...

1 Comments:

Blogger The Jon said...

Two dollar tuesdays at Taco bell...greatest thing since sliced bread...:)

4:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home