Welcome to McGoo Inc, a division of Big McGoo Enterprises. WARNING: You are entering a world of blogging which can be confusing, funny, thought provoking & just plain old Cacaphony. Welcome to the world of McGoo!

Monday, May 16, 2005

Nokia vs. Motorola #2



So, were back again another day for Super Cell phone challenge off thingy! With "Accident #1" now under my belt (literally!) its now time to move on to the next "test" which also happens to involve water (not the toilet kind though) I told you 2 pea's in a pod!

Accident #2 - This next "test" involved my fiance K & her 3 month old Motorola V300 (Blue one on the left). As you can tell this phone was newer & far more superior to mine in both features & price... Although I must admit that we got a good deal on this phone so this could have been far worse then it was.

About 3 months ago now, around March I went away on a business trip to De Moines, Iowa.. (Ya, ya I know that's a story in itself) Before I went away K had gotten really sick, so much so that she missed 2 days of work. At approximately 6:33 am Iowa style, I wake up to my phone beeping to let me know I have a text message. Being the early stages of morning I turned over for a second to acknowledge I wasn't dreaming then went back to sleep. 6:37 am Iowa style, my phone is beeping again. Ok, getting kinda annoyed considering I still have a solid 13 minutes of sleeping left but being the trooper I'am I managed to go back to sleep.. FOR 2 more minutes that is! Until the beeping returns.

OK, NOW I'M UP... & not to happy might I add! I go over to my phone & find 3 messages from K & they read like this:

Message 1 (6:33am) - I accidentally dropped my phone in honey water but I think its alright.

Message 2 (6:37am) - The outside screen is flashing now!
Message 3 (6:39am) - Wait, the outside one works but now the inside one isn't!

I quickly responded and told her to "SHUT THE PHONE OFF & don't turn it on again!".. Now, I will give her the benefit of the doubt because she was sick & probably sedated. Without even seeing the phone I was pretty sure it was toast.. Honey toast that is .. Or did the Motorola live to see another day?

Vote for which phone you think will SuRviVe (on the right). Results (& explanations) will be posted on Thursday...

3 Comments:

Blogger Rainypete said...

I've gotta vote for the nokia. Mine has survived two water baths and a fall of 18 feet to a solid concrete floor.
My sister in law's Motorola didn't survive a fall ff the dining room table.

7:59 AM

 
Blogger Andrew & Heidi Dorricott said...

Am I allowed to cheat?? I know the story...

...okay, I won't...

...I vote for secret E-Bay door #3...

10:07 AM

 
Blogger Kev And Charlotte said...

Man those NOKIA's last forever. My brother in law TRIED to kill his so he could buy a new phone. But he couldn't.

Even my missus, a known phonethrower, can't kill her nokia.

there ya go.

12:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home