Welcome to McGoo Inc, a division of Big McGoo Enterprises. WARNING: You are entering a world of blogging which can be confusing, funny, thought provoking & just plain old Cacaphony. Welcome to the world of McGoo!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Registry Outrage!



Last weekend I had the absolute "pleasure" of starting a wedding gift registry with my fiance K @ the Bay. As you could imagine I was so excited that I forgot about the whole event until the night before when I was suttly reminded. So the next day we went & met with our "Gift Registry Consultant" Brie, a lovely consultant she was and yes, you heard me... A GIFT REGISTRY CONSULTANT... We proceed to her desk where Brie gives us their Wedding Registry Package or should I say "the nothing for groom-to-be or male package". We get this package that has a bride magazine, coupons for makeup & more useless promotions for the Bay.

As you can see I'm already board & the outrage is beginning. Then things change & we hit a TSN turning point. Brie breaks out the scanner that we use to scan the items. (Which, I promptly grab! SHABAM!) So after a short tour we are set free with scanner where I scan crucial items such as a wireless meat thermometer, a pizza cutter & one sweet blender among other household necessities.

Now we get the the real Outrage part. The slogan on the front of the registry package from the Bay says "Everything you need & all that you wish for". Well they certainly didn't have everything we needed & they certainly did not have everything I wished for! Unless of course I was wishing for fine china & colorful bed linen.. Which for information sake, I wasn't. They didn't even have anything cool other then the scanner I was using. The guy on the front our package has a guitar & he's smiling! He's probably laughing @ me because he knows the Bay really doesn't have any guitars but they just give him one for the photo shoot & he's happy! This is an OUTRAGE! AN OUTRAGE I TELL YOU!!

Canadian Tire would not stand for this!!


Just.. don't tell my fiance that... Please ... For my safety

1 Comments:

Blogger Kev And Charlotte said...

Don't fret amigo. Let me tell you a tale. I had a similar problem. All the cool stuff in the store couldn't be entered into the registry.

What joys then, when we recieved 3 blenders! Sure we put that blender on the list, but 2 people must have forgotten to cross it off when they purchased it. We took 2 back, and missus archie let me buy- a joystick and Return to Castle Wolfenstien, one of my favorite wedding presents.

Clearly, you will have to list the GUYS wedding list here on your blog, to stop you from getting frilly patterned bone china handled wicker baskets all the time!!!

11:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home